Exeter, 13th May 2021
Joanna Lumley OBE, Sir Quentin Blake, Jane Asher, and more, have come together to create a range of illustrated artwork that can be sent as e-cards in support of Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity.
The idea is for people to send a thank you to those that have supported them through the most challenging of years.
With the designs hosted on charity e-card platform DontSendMeACard.com, those sending the exclusive artwork can donate what they would have spent on cards and stamps.
The donations go towards supporting seriously ill children across the UK.
Louise Griew, Chief Executive of Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity says: "We wanted to give the public a way to say thank you to the people who have been invaluable this year, whilst also raising donations to help provide more Roald Dahl Specialist Nurses and continue our vital support work.”
Alex Furness, Director of DontSendMeACard.com says: “Our team are thrilled that our platform is hosting this calibre of content, and to provide the system for people to then send the celebrity illustrations as e-cards".
The opportunity to share positivity around in this manner may well be welcomed by many at this time.
Contact: Alex Furness
press [ at ] dontsendmeacard.com
About the 'Send a Marvellous Thank You' campaign:
To celebrate International Nurses’ Day, Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity will be launching it’s ‘Send a Marvellous Thank You’ campaign. The card collection will be available from the 12th May exclusively to send on DontSendMeACard.com, and will feature a range of celebrity designed thank you cards. Send a card to someone who has made your life more marvellous this year and help the charity to establish more Roald Dahl Specialist Nurses.
- Find out more on the Roald Dahl's Marvellous Children's Charity website:
- View the full range of celebrity e-card designs on DontSendMeACard:
DontSendMeACard in summary provides:
- The function to send ecards and donate the cost of greeting cards and stamps. View How it Works
- Upon donating up to 100 ecards can be sent to recipients
- An account dashboard for charities to manage campaigns
Using the system:
- Individuals send ecards by selecting a charity and an occasion to send cards for and donating via PayPal
- Charities can register to become a Listed Charity and access a range of fundraising resources
- Companies can support a charity with corporate ecards
- The social enterprise was started in 2013. Founded by Alex Furness of Future Imaging and Craig Lawson of Web Engineer, both based in Exeter.
- How it works in 30 seconds Demo Video
- Read our Mission and Vision
- How charities can benefit from the initiative on Slideshare
"Incomparably wonderful." – Simon Bates, BBC Radio Devon
As featured on